Saturday, June 16, 2012

Un ecrivain?? a writer?

As I was in the taxi in Paris heading to a business dinner on the boat, the driver and I started a conversation.  " So, what do you work in? Finance?"
" No, not at all"
"so what are you working? it's not Finance..sure.. so..um...You are in the arts.. cinema?? "
"No, no arts.."
"You have one more guess. One only" I said laughing.
"One.. only one?" He said in real childish eagerness, as if a little boy was trying to solve a puzzle.  I even thought, may be I could bargain with him on the taxi fees based on that.. just to justify his eagerness.
"I know what you are.. Un mystere (a mystery).. that's it.."
"No" laughingly I said.
"Un ecrivain?? (a writer)  He said as if he found a real answer.
"Not yet.  May be in 6 months, I will be able to say yes" I told him.

And I wondered.  Would it really be true? and in my heart, it felt far easier than I thought it would.

This conversation, light-hearted and childish as it is, keep revisiting me, as a soft souvenir from Paris.  The driver, as he told me afterwards, has been writing diaries for a loooong time.  "What a treasure". I told him.  Imagine documenting your life, with all the learnings within the pain and all the joys within your days..

And again, I felt grateful for the blog and all the realizations it has opened to me.  I do not like advice.  I, actually, hate them.  But I would tell you to consider journaling, if you like writing, for it is like taking photos of all the special places.. no, of all the places.. of you growing up.. What a treasure indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment