Thursday, June 14, 2012

Been some time

It has been some time since I visited this blog. I have been writing on the other blog though and I have been travelling for business and for
diving..and going through ups and downs.

I haven't, however, forgotten the book. It hangs from my clothes like a drooling baby; or sometimes, I feel like a curse that will only be broken once the book walks cradled in my arms warmly touched by the sun.

The baby, though not fully cared for, was of course not silent.

Let me tell u. A couple of weeks ago, I met someone, a very nice and professional person who works in e- marketing. I met him for business consultation. The conversation, on its own accord, decided to drift to other things and there I was telling Moustafa about how I love writing and my dream book.
My "obstacle" logically speaking is that my blog wouldn't qualify as a book in Egypt because first: it was in English, 2nd: it was self help and deep sometimes and I am not sure of the size of the audience and 3rd: these are articles!!!! A book should look like a book.. Chapters and stuff and to me all things get intertwined and sometimes entangled and something about the organization of the chapters always locked me in.

His reply was a book written by a friend of his. Her name is Yusra Badr. She recently published a book and guess what? In Egypt, in English, chapters but like articles and deep!!

All my unfounded objections disappeared! And in their place came the word: possible!

I am reading her book "it's all in my head" and I find it simple, conversational, deep and intersting..some of her sentences stick in my head and I catch myself toying with them in my head in the car!

How many of our dreams are reluctantly moving in 1m sq. because of some stinky beliefs? I quote my 9-year old philospher (my son) : "everything is possible".

I quote the NLP presupposition which says that if someone else has done it, anyone can do it.

And God's willing you'll be seeing more of me on this blog :) keep checking and I promise to send you a book soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment